RE: how to podcast: some random tutorials and references

  • From: "JULIE MELTON" <jewelsong21@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:40:05 -0700

Hi, Jennifer and  all.

THat was a good list. Let me add the site that helped me most with learning to write an RSs feed:
http://www.podcast411.com
Click on the tutorials there, and you'll find a wealth of information. Rob also does a podcast by the same name, and he interviews a different podcaster each time as well as playing a promo.

hope this is of help to someone.

JulieMelton visit me at www.heart-and-music.com Keep smiling!

From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: how to podcast: some random tutorials and references
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:40:16 -0500

Mike and others who may be interested:

I'm not sure whether your response was meant to be sarcastic, so if I've offended you, let me just list a bunch of sites that I've found in my own studying of how to set up podcasts. Also, before I just toss out a bunch of links, I wonder whether this list has an archives since this topic has been discussed many many times.

Okay, here are your links. Hope you find a tutorial that works for you. These are in no particular order. I also wouldn't say this list is vetted. I just grabbed a handful of resources since there are, basically, a ton out there. Note that if any of this is blatant advertising, I apologize in advance. It's all meant to be informational.

Making An RSS Feed: http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2175271

How to Podcast:
http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/

Why not go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

and skim down to the heading (at level 2) called:
External links

There are lots of links in that list of 19 items there (list 5 on the page).

K7 Unified Messaging, free Fax and voicemail to email:
 http://www.k7.net/
[people who are just getting started might need this.]

12 Ways to Promote Your Podcast: http://www.jakeludington.com/project_studio/20051028_12_ways_to_promote_your_podcast.html

Hope you do a podcast, Mike, and that you'll benefit from the time I spent pulling out links from my own filed archives of information.
Best to all,
Jennifer

At 08:18 AM 12/15/2005 -0800, you wrote:
thanks a whole lot.
-