Re: finally up on PMN

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 06:48:14 -0700

Hi Steve,

I'm always all for our doing all we can reasonably to insure our own accessibility, but, alas, most users (blind or sighted) wouldn't or shouldn't be expected to perform the complex Window-Eyes manipulations demonstrated in your podcast in order to have access to PMN or any other web site. JAWS allows graphics labeling in web sites, but this doesn't work on PMN. There just has to be a much happier middle ground in all of this, one that doesn't just simply leave us up the creek without a paddle. Hey, guys, we're talking about audio production and music. These should be areas well within our domain; they shouldn't be taken away from us, too.

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Blind Access Journal blog: http://www.blindaccessjournal.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Holmes" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>