file upload problem

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nfb-web@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:17:36 -0500

Hello everyone,

    I'm attempting to upload some files to one of my Web sites and am having
a problem of no data being transferred, or the uploads aborting. In some
cases the file I upload or sent to another person appears to have uploaded
successfully, and appears in the folder in which I placed it or is received
by the recipient, but has a 0 byte count or only a portion of the file is
received. I'm using FTP Explorer 1.00 under Windows XP Home. The files I
sent to another person were sent using Internet Explorer6.0. I'm not sure
where the trouble is and need help PDQ. I'm also not able to upload .M3U
files. Harry Bassler you told me of a setting to change to address this
issue; especially concerning file downloads. If you can share that
information again I'll give it ago to see if this cures the upload
difficulties I'm having. Maybe I need a more Windows XP-compliant FTP
Client, but it's not just in FTPX where this is happening as it occurred
when I sent a file to someone via Internet Explorer and:

    Your help will be very much appreciated.

Peter Donahue