audio sources and video cameras

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 15:01:02 -0600

Good afternoon everyone,

    Here's a curiosity question for y'all. Yesterday I was contacted by an
individual who wants to take video of an up-coming event. The event will be
recorded using a mixer and a PC. The audio recordings will be of excelent
quality but if the person shooting the video uses the on-board camera mics
the audio quality will most likely be inferior to that of the audio
rendering created by passing the signal from the sound system in to the PC
and recording it. Off-hand I'm thinking that one way around this would be to
have the individual connect the video camera to a line input on the camera
and connecting the camera to a line-out on the mixer so the audio signal
from the sound system will be recorded along with the video assuming he has
one. If anyone has had experience doing this your feedback will be very much
appreciated.

Peter Donahue