Re: Yahoo VV--RE: where to get pod safe music

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:23:59 -0700

Come to think of it, I ran into that exact same problem a while ago when
I tried to reset my password on Verizon Wireless's website.  I filled
out the form and all that good stuff and then the response said "We will
send you a text message with your new password."  Well, thanks a lot! I
then called customer service on the phone right after that and because I
started that other ill-fated process, they told me I would have to wait
nearly 24 hours before they could reset it again and give me something
new.  I wonder how much more dependent providers will be on text
messages.  But that discussion is for another list.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 05:21:33PM -0500, Brent Harding wrote:
> Yeah, and google made it worse. Now you have to be able to receive a text
> message as well on your cell phone. I wish there was a service that I could
> get a number and have such messages come in and receive them by email or
> other client and be able to reply. Not many phones are accessible besides
> the most high-end models.

- --