Re: Won't authenticate

  • From: Jared Rimer <jrimer2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:48:47 -0800

I use word press though, not feed burner. So since I'll be taping in a voice mail service first and download a wave file, what should I convert the file to when I convert? 44100 or whatever that is then?

At 07:42 PM 12/2/2005, you wrote:

Hi

Actually, it's not. Think of it this way. Feedburner is just the part of the chain of events that makes your podcast possible. You first record your audio file and then you upload it to whatever web space you have. You then do a blog entry and reference a link to your audio file, remember it has to be a direct link to a file, not a link to a streaming version of it, otherwise the person gets an m3u file and they can't use that accept to stream it. so make sure your link is to the actual mp3 file. Now assuming you've given feedburner the correct rss feed address, it then goes out every so often and then it looks and sees that there's new stuff. it then podcasts your content and people who subscribe to your podcasts get your stuff just as they should.
Like I said before, the bitrate and sampling rate of your audio file is important because your audience may be using a portable player that may not support lower bitrate files like 20k and 24 k mono. so for best results, i would suggest either 56k 44.1 khz mono, or the standard appears to be 64k, 44.1 khz mono.
The important thing here guys is find that rss feed address. without it, feedburner has nothing to go on. You have to give feedburner that rss feed address so it can podcast your stuff.

At 08:42 PM 12/2/2005, you wrote:
Chris,
\ was going to save my stuff as 24kbps 22050 mono. Should I do CD quality as well? Boy this feed burner sounds difficult.

At 06:13 PM 12/2/2005, you wrote:
Hi Chuck

This is incorrect.
What you are going to need to do, is locate the rss feed of your blog. RSS refers to really simple syndication, which is what makes a poddcast and a blog work together hand in hand.
You will know it's the right kind of link when you see a link that ends in a .rss, or .xml extention. Go to your blog provider's help section and you can find this address. You then need to go to feedburner, and paste this rss, or .xml link into the box on feedburner's page, and then feedburner will then look to see if it can find any audio content on your blog, and it will then turn any audio content you post to your blog as a podcast. Feedburner will give you an address to use for your podcast. This address is different than the one than you pasted in, yeah i know this is starting to get confusing, stay with me here buddy!!!
But the link you give your podcast subscribers would look something like
http://feeds.feedburner.com/chuck
or whatever you'd like to call your podcast. You would do all this, so that when you create a blog entry and then post a link to an audio file to it, remember this is just a regular old link to the file, nothing special about this, but when you post any audio to your blog, Feedburner will do a check and it'll say oh! Chuck's got new stuff, I'm gonna podcast it! then your podcast subscribers would get new stuff without having to download it manually.

I would say the bitrate of your file is a bit low for a podcast though. Most portable audio players have trouble with audio content with a lower bitrate like 20 k at 11025 hertz mono, so for best results, I would do a file at 64k, 44.1 khz mono. Yes the files might be bigger in size, but you'll be able to make sure that all your listeners will be able to take the files you produce with them anywhere they go on any player they have.
I hope all this is helpful. If you have any questions, or if what I said isn't making much sense, just write back and I'm sure others can help you along.

At 07:22 PM 12/2/2005, you wrote:
List:
After pasting a url feed in to Feed Burner, it wont authenticate or accept the feed url. Is there either a time limit or bit rate limit or what.
Below is my url feed. Does it look right. I got it off the media player property register.
Feed is:
<http://home.earthlink.net/~blindsite/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/goodnight.mp3>http://home.earthlink.net/~blindsite/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/goodnight.mp3
The program is 10:42 minutes. 20 bps, 11025 hz.
What do I do now? Help!
Signed: Not Authenticated in Oklahoma.

Chuck Ayers Tulsa, Ok. USA Email: <mailto:c.r.ayers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>c.r.ayers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Voice Mail: 1 918 260 4729 Website: <http://home.earthlink.net/~chuckayers/blogprince/>http://home.earthlink.net/~chuckayers/blogprince/

Jared Rimer
Business website: http://www.superior-software.com/support
Personal Website: http://www.asmodean.net/jrimer
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired http://menvi.org a service done through Superior Software level one