What You Hear in XP Home

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:35:52 -0600

Good evening everyone,

    I'm wanting to record audio from all devices on our computers and need
to activate the, "What You Hear" Option in Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I
looked for the item in the Recording Volume Options in the Volume Controls
Property Sheet, but don't find it anywhere. Someone told me that the setting
for activating What You Hear in XP Home is the same as it was in Windows 98.
While I don't find What You Hear listed there's an option called
Other/Line-In 2. Is this the same as What You Hear under Windows 98? I need
to digitize some audio from old cassette tapes to .MP3 Format so being able
to set this thing is important. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Peter Donahue