RE: Using WordPress To Create Podcasts

What is the internal player like from an accessibility perspective?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindcasting-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blindcasting-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven M. Sawczyn
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:13 PM
To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using WordPress To Create Podcasts

Hi, you really should look into Powerpress, a WordPress plugin that adds
podcast functionality.  PowerPress has many features including the ability
to separate your podcast feed from your blog/blog comment feeds, the ability
to categorize shows, the ability to create separate channels, i.e. for
different file formats, and much more.  It's free, it's easy to set up and,
well, I just love it.  Oh, it also automatically adds direct download links
for your podcast posts and although I haven't configured it yet, can
implement an internal player for specific episodes.  I just moved the
Assistive Technology show over to my Wordpress blog and so far, am super
happy.

Steve

On Jan 6, 2010, at 2:27 PM, Kelly Sapergia wrote:

Hi,
 I've decided to move my podcast from GCast to my WordPress-enabled blog
at http://www.ksapergia.net/podcast/. I've created a post for the first
episode of my podcast (I'm reposting the show notes for the previous
episodes), but when I load in the blog's RSS feed into the Podcatcher
program included with Webbie, at www.webbie.org.uk/, I get a "No podcast"
message. Also, when I load any of the blog's feeds into Internet Explorer, I
don't
see the "Open attached file" message after a post containing a link to an
audio file. If anyone's creating podcasts with WordPress, how do you go
about making it work with other clients?
 Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
For information regarding my Internet radio shows, links to my favorite
sites, and more, visit my personal website at http://www.ksapergia.net/.
If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an affordable
price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com/.