Re: To Each And Every One Of You

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:31:09 -0500

Hi Shelly and List,

For JAWS users of Outlook Express, there is a very useful and very under
publicized feature that you can set up to accomplish a reply to sender.  You
must assign a keystroke to it, but if you do the following procedure once, you
can use the hotkey to copy the sender's e-mail address, open a new message,
paste the sender's address into the To field and place the cursor on the first
line of the message text edit area.

1.  From within Outlook Express, press insert + keyboard 8 for the keyboard
2.  you are in the keyboard manager and will be highlighting Outlook Express;
3.  press the tab key once to the list of assigned and unassigned hotkeys;
4.  arrow down to the entry that says, "reply directly to sender' (9 presses of
the letter R may get you there faster);
5.  By default, this will say none or no keystroke or unassigned;
6.  press control + A for the add keystroke dialogue;
7.  you are placed in an edit field where you can press the desired hotkey;
8.  use your own judgment in assigning a keystroke that will not conflict with
others (usually JAWS won't allow this anyway) but for the record, I chose
insert + control + shift + R;
9.  tab to OK and press enter;
10.  press control + S to save the settings;
11.  press alt + F4 to exit the keyboard manager.

Now with one simple keystroke, you will avoid posting personal messages to this
or any other public lists and will eliminate the necessity for such off-topic
messages as we see--including this one here <guffaw>!