Re: The idiot has been caught

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 07:05:29 -0700

Thanks Shelly for the comments - so true.  I should also say that we can
be more vigilant on our side too.  Like I said before, The developers of
eloquence should be brought to bare once and for all to fix their
defective product so that people can't crack it all the time.  The fixes
out there now came from people who redistribute it; that is Freedom
provided exception dictionary entries to patch the problem.  GW Micro
uses an older version that doesn't suffer this anomaly.  These are all
good but are mere bandages to the original problem.

Safe computer practices can go a very long ways to protect us from
becoming a victom of computer crimes.

I'm glad he got busted though.  E-mail spoofing and distributing
deceptive trojan software is dispicable.  Make him pay dearly but we can
protect ourselves and still have a most positive computing experience
possible.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:59:40PM -0500, Shelly wrote:
> It's this kind of quivering and quaking that gives crackers like this their
> jollies. Be glad the guy is "behind bars" and hope for a trial and
> conviction for crimes committed. Be on your guard, and pressure companies
> who produce software you use to do the same. That's all you can do, but you
> should do no less. It does no good to lie awake at night worrying about the
> bogey man. In fact, it does a lot of harm because criminals and mischief
> makers thrive on your fear.
>

> On 4/30/06, Kevin Wassmer <commanderlumpy2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >I'm just saying that he will get out of Prison and he very well could do
> >this again or something like that. How many criminals do we know who get
> >caught and after a few years or even a few years they are released and do
> >the same thing again? I think it's great this person got caught. I am just
> >saying look out. He might come at us again when we least expect it. Or he
> >might have another friend who knows how to scoop email address and freeze
> >eloquent, and so on.
> >

> --
> Shelly Brisbin, Writer, Editor, Geek for Hire
>
> Shelly's Podcast: http://shellyspodcast.com
> Hollywood On The Radio: http://hollywood.libsyn.com
> Tracy-Hepburn Podcast: http://tracyhepburnpodcast.com
>
> Member, Podcast Outlaws Network: http://www.podcastoutlaws.com