Re: Streaming Content when Live Stream is Inactive

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:52:40 -0600

Hello Kevin and listers,

To clarify the situation someone else will be operating the actual stream
from his equipment. What I was hoping to do is to include URLS of other
content in the file to be included on the Web site that would play if the
stream is not operating. Again I'm not the one doing the actual streaming. I
was hoping to find scripts that could tell the Web browser to play one of
the other URLS in the playlist if the stream was inactive. This is a URL to
another server where the actual stream is originating. I hope that makes
more sense.

Peter Donahue