RE: Sound Forge Vs. studio Recorder

  • From: Larry Gassman <lgsinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:17:13 -0800

I did radio with my brother John for 30 years. We did interviews with radio personalities from the thirties, forties, and fifties. We also played the shows.
We still have the collection of 30 thousand shows, on open reel tape but no real room to house it except in storage. So I am working to digitally learn how to edit on the computer.
My thought was to use Sound Forge.
I had sound forge 5 professional, but it is on another PC and not accessible at this time.
So, I think I'll just buy version 8. It will probably do for what I am exploring at the moment. That is to do the occasional radio show and interview.
Larry Gassman

At 11:59 AM 2-24-2006, you wrote:

Hi John.

What are the major differences between Sound Forge lite and its big brother?
Does the lite version offer a true scrubbing mode like the full version?

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro