RE: Sound Forge Vs. studio Recorder

  • From: "Judy W" <judyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:28:12 -0600

Studio recorder was designed for voice recording. It is a tool for book
narration with good accessibility and stability.

SoundForge was designed as an editor for film sound tracks, radio work, and
other specialized tasks. It has a lot of processor choices and special
effects. They can both be used for basic editing, but it's like comparing
apples and oranges. In my opinion, you should sit down and assess your
needs. What audio tasks do you want to perform? Figure out which features
you need--reverb, noise reduction,
 tone indexing. Are you going to edit any music?

When evaluating software, you have to know what you want to do with the
tool. They are good products, but direct comparison is difficult.

Just my opinion,

Judy