Re: Sansa M230 behaving strangely

  • From: "JULIE MELTON" <jewelsong21@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:47:41 -0700

Steve,

Thanks for trying to puzzle this one out, but I have actually solved it. Somehow the USB settings got messed up, and the computer saw the M230 as my audible ready E140. Got someone light dependent to help fix it.

JulieMelton visit me at www.heart-and-music.com Keep smiling!

From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sansa M230 behaving strangely
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:59:27 -0700

Hum,  I don't have that specific model but my Sansa E140 player works
good under Linux.  I honestly haven't tried it under windows yet.  When
I hook it up to my linux box, it looks like any other USB mass storage
device and I just 'cp' my files to it.  My only complaint is it seems to
be very slow at transfering the files and I thought this thing was a USB
2.0 unit so I need some further study on that one.

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:18:37PM -0700, JULIE MELTON wrote:
> Steve,
>
> The strange thing is that, when I plug the player into the computer to
> transfer files, the Media folder where the files are doesn't show up.
> Instead, I get a config folder, a record folder, and an Audilbe folder. My
> MP3's are in none of these folders, and there's no way I can bring up these
> files. If I transfer new files in, they don't play. However, the old ones
> do.
>
> JulieMelton
> visit me at
> www.heart-and-music.com