Re: Sansa M230 behaving strangely

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:59:27 -0700

Hum,  I don't have that specific model but my Sansa E140 player works
good under Linux.  I honestly haven't tried it under windows yet.  When
I hook it up to my linux box, it looks like any other USB mass storage
device and I just 'cp' my files to it.  My only complaint is it seems to
be very slow at transfering the files and I thought this thing was a USB
2.0 unit so I need some further study on that one.

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:18:37PM -0700, JULIE MELTON wrote:
> Steve,
>
> The strange thing is that, when I plug the player into the computer to
> transfer files, the Media folder where the files are doesn't show up.
> Instead, I get a config folder, a record folder, and an Audilbe folder.  My
> MP3's are in none of these folders, and there's no way I can bring up these
> files.  If I transfer new files in, they don't play.  However, the old ones
> do.
>
> JulieMelton
> visit me at
> www.heart-and-music.com