Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 and Vista Compatability and installing program on Toshiba Notebook

  • From: "JardataMailServicesBox" <jardatamailservices@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pc-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 02:58:59 -0700

Hello List!

Recently, I attempted to load Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 onto my Toshiba
Notebook.  The programs says it has successfully installed, but I can't find it
anywhere in the programs folder or in the control panel.  I did see the program
listed in the Registry and Programfiles, but otherwise, it is just like
I didn't install it.  Now, lately, I got an advertisement from Roxio telling me
about Easy Mredia Creator 10 and saying it is Vista compatible.  Does this
mean Easy Media Creator 9 is not vista compatable.  Could this be the reason
why it is not showing up as installed in my system?  If I recall, it did install
rather quickly for such a large file; does this mean I missed a Vista
uncompatibility warning and did not stop installing the program as recommended.
The thing with that scenario is that, on my HP desktop, there is a strip-down
version of Easy Media Creator 9, which came pre-installed on the HP desktop.
It looks pretty ccompatible to me, as I browsed through the menus on the HP;
what is happening on the notebook?

Hope someone can shed some light on it; the problem is, if I cann't see it in
the Add/remove area or anywhere in the program folders, how can I remove it;
do I go to the registry and remove all instances of the program?

James Robinson