[Blind Casting] Re: Recording/podcasting under Linux

  • From: Jason Castonguay <jcast@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:19:05 -0400

Hi Steve!

I'm glad someone besides me is interested in doing this.  :-)  It sounds
like we're both in the same boat.  I've used arecord and sox before.
Sox seems to be able to do a lot, but also, like you said, may not
provide as many options or be as thorough as other sound editing tools.
From reading the tutorial, it appears that ecasound can do a whole lot.
I found several example commands and tried them successfully with cool
results, but the particular documentation I was reading didn't make
things clear to me.  I saw a bunch of example commands, but didn't
understand them very well.

What do you use to retrieve podcasts?  I was using podcatcher at one
point, but am now using bashpodder.  It works great!

I have to subscribe to the freelists list as well -- thanks for pointing
that out to me.

Best regards,

-Jason