RE: Recording Skype Calls In Applications Such As Goldwave, CastBlaster, etc.

  • From: "Mika Pyyhkala" <pyyhkala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:00:33 -0500

Hi,

Yes, I just activated Sound Tap myself, and it changed Jaws from playing
through the USB Imic sound card to playing through the on board SigmaTel
audio.

Then when I exit Sound Tap, it goes back to the way it was.

I guess none of these things are really great and without drawbacks.

I think what I really want is the "what you hear" option, but my on board
sound card does not have it, and I don't see it in the Griffin USB Imic
sound card either.  I am going to call Griffin tech support and see if it
supports the "what you hear" option.

When you look at sound card specs it rarely says for instance:
"supports what you hear"
So it seems you are taking a chance in buying one as to whether it has that
option.

By the way how did you record that podcast where you did the Juice tutorial?
In that one you had your mic going, as well as Jaws.

Thanks,
Mika