RE: Question About the Edirol R1

  • From: "M. Taylor" <mktay@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:59:44 -0800

Hello Chris,

I asked the exact same question about two weeks ago.

The Edirol R1 is a hand-held digital audio recorder.  It records in either
wave or MP3 file formats.  It is an incredible device, to say the least.  I
intend to use it to record my pod casts.  I purchased it yesterday.

There is an R9 on the way out but it is not here yet.  The R9 is smaller
than the R1.  The R1 uses a compact flash card but it can attach directly to
the computer via USB 2.0.

I have been experimenting with it and I am delighted with the results.

The unit cost approximately $420.

Edirol is a division of the Roland company.  Anything Roland does, it does
well.

M*rk