Promo for Google Word Verification Accessibility Petition sought.

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:23:26 -0700

Dear Fellow Blindcasters,

I would like to ask for your assistance in three areas:

First, please sign the Google Word Verification Petition found at
http://www.petitiononline.com/captcha asking Google to make their visual
verification accessible.  In addition, please spread the word on your blogs and
podcasts.
Second, a personalized letter is being sent to Dr. Eric Schmidt, Google's CEO,
accompanying the petition.  This will be sent in two months or so by certified
mail once we have garnered a sufficient amount of signatures to, hopefully, be
taken seriously.  Please feel free to provide constructive feedback, or even
proposed draft content, for inclusion in such a letter.  This is your open
opportunity as a community to participate actively; please don't miss it!
Third, please consider helping me devise a nicely put together promo for the
petition suitable for play on podcasts.

Please participate by writing me privately at editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks.

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by another
person.