Re: Pro Tools Petition Promo

  • From: "Jerry Halatyn" <jhalatyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:29:52 -0400

Pro Tools has been around for Windows for years. Since it was not natively a
Windows application, it doesn't work well with any screen reader. We've had
several people look into scripting it for JAWS, for example, and they all said
it would not be feasible. The overwhelming majority of studios and academic
institutions use Macs for Pro Tools. Given the fact that VoiceOver is built
into the OS, having the application be compatible with VoiceOver on the Mac is
the most efficient and cost-effective solution, accessibility without having to
jump through extra hoops of development by third parties.