Re: Potential new digital Voice Recorder/MP3 player

  • From: "Djd" <daredevil221@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:25:08 -0600

A 12 gig flash card costs one thousand dollars? I can get an I river for a lot
less than that that holds 40 gigs of material! I shutter to think what a 40 gig
flash card would cost. Maybe you'll be right in that flash cards will be the
future, and maybe you won't. But if you are, those cards are going to have to
come down in price big time. And when they do, there will be probably the 20
gig one that is up near a thousand. That still gives the edge to the Iriver 340
at 40 gigs for (and this is what I saw it for it could be cheaper) about 300
Looks like this flash card concept has a ways to go. For just books, it might
be awesome, but not as an mp3 player for music and tons of albums.

If you're tired of hearing the same old songs on the radio, feel free to check
out my internet radio show The Djd Invasion. I play anything from the rock and
pop hits of the past, to the tunes of today, and songs from around the world. I
can be heard on Sundays from 2 to 4 PM eastern at