Re: Portable Recorders

  • From: "Billy Ray Legendary" <legendary1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:43:26 -0800

Hey, Guys!

There are a number of podcasts on the DS series of recorders on the blind cool tech website, several of which, Neal Ewers did, and he is a master at making sure you know all of the plusses and minuses of the recorders. He covers things like the floor noise of the preamps, which, depending on how professional your recordings need to be, can make a difference.

In my case, I am the recording engineer for my fiancee, who happens to be a professional speaker, so the DS series proved not to be the recorder for us. We needed something pretty quiet for her marketing CD's, as well as something we could do live recordings on the road for her podcasts.

In terms of accessibility, the DS series is very difficult to beat though. If you are looking for a day to day workhorse of a recorder, with no need for extremely quiet preamps, then the DS series might be the animal for you.

Good luck!  It is very difficult to decide these days!

Legendary
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane D" <chatter8712@xxxxxxxxx>