Re: Podcasting Recorders?

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:34:36 -0700

So far, I just use a generic microphone that came with an old reel to
reel Sony tape recorder and my SB Live sound card.  I use the Linux
arecord command to record my audio under Linux and GoldWave while in
Windows.  Nothing special but has worked so far.  My biggest need now
would be a simple mixer so I can fade down the mic while playing music.

You really don't need a special recorder to do podcasts unless you plan
to record on the run so to speak or sound seeing tours.

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:13:41PM -0500, Scott Spaulding wrote:
> I don't have a recorder, I just use my cell phone and audioblogger. I want
> to get a recorder so I can do more, but money is the problem right now.

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown