Re: Podcast receiving devices/programs

  • From: Kevin Doucet <contactme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:15:12 -0500

Hi,

You will have to use one of the software programs mentioned in other emails you received. The mp3 device really is up to the individual. One can attach the mp3 device to a computer and tell the podcatcher, (aggregator), to save directly to that drive letter. Also, an individual can have the podcasts saved to the hard drive, in a folder of choice, and manually copy or move them to the mp3 device.

At 06:19 PM 8/27/2006 -0500, you wrote:

Colleagues,

What all kinds of devices can be used to receive podcasts?  Can an I-Pod be
used?  I am asking because I am a professor here at Western Kentucky
University, and I plan to use podcasts in conjunction with some of my
classes this fall, and I am wondering what all kinds of devices the
students might have that they can use to receive my podcasts on.

I know they can use their desktops and laptop computers if they have the
right software, like the Juice program, but what other kinds of devices and
programs can be used???

Ron M.

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman, Professor of Marketing, Western Kentucky University **President, South Central Kentucky Council of the Blind (SCKCB) **Chair, Monthly Monetary Support Program (MMS)

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.11.5/426 - Release Date: 8/23/2006

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.11.5 - Release Date: 8/23/2006

Thanks.

Kevin Doucet
contactme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

confuse as says

Blind man with unmarked forehead has large belly!