News Sources?

  • From: "Byron J. Lee" <byron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:48:28 -0600

I am using a program called NewsAloud which reads news articles out loud. It has some pre-programmed news sources in it like Yahoo and Reuters. It also will read RSS Feeds out loud. I was wondering if anyone knew of any really good RSS Feeds. I tried subscribing to things like Wired News but all they really do is post a link to an article on their website and a short headline. I want full length articles to be read to me. Also, if there is a good program simular to NewsAloud that will download e-mail and read it out loud. I am thinking of setting up a lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx and subscribing to news mailing lists. I don't really want to use JAWS to do this because you can't just have it start reading e-mail and walk away from it. It would be nice if the e-mail reading program would read to a file so I can make mp3's out of the mail and put it on my Archos or even make a podcast out of a mailing list. Just a few ideas, if anyone can help, let me know.