Re: NFB Trashes Mac OS X.

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:01:47 -0500

What the NFB does not say and will not tell us is the extent of consulting income it receives from Microsoft and Apple. The NFB has provided fee-based consulting services for Microsoft in the past and this may present a conflict of interest.

Whether advocates, magazine writers, bloggers or podcasters, if we are sharing an opinion publicly it is important to fully disclose relationships that we have with the various entities mentioned in the content. Others can then judge for themselves if this relationship might cause someone to have a certain opinion. In the NFB instance, cash from Microsoft could be a motivator.

Kelly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darrell Shandrow" <darrell.shandrow@xxxxxxxxx>