Re: Mp3 editor program?

  • From: Jeff Samco <jsamco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:33:17 -0700

Hi, Rusty,
I also use MP3 Direct Cut which is free. It's simple to use and allows direct editting of MP3s without having to decompress first. Robert Cole did a series of podcasts instructing how to use MP3 Direct Cut with a screen reader. They were extremely helpful to get me up and going quickly.
The podcast feed is:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/RobsPlace
I think the most current version is 2.01 which adds simple ways of adding fade outs and ins. The only thing is this current version dropped the ability to append one MP3 file to another. I went and found an older version, I think 1.39, which still had the append feature.
Jeff
At 08:20 AM 10/15/2005, you wrote:

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a free or cheap program to edit mp3 files. I presented a
paper at a conference yesterday and recorded several long stretches which
I'd like to edit. I'm thinking of podcasting the conference, or, at least,
posting my paper on disability in Harry Potter, to my blog.

So, does any one know of a good program to slice and dice mp3s?

Thanks!
Rusty

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.1/135 - Release Date: 10/15/2005