Re: Moderator selected ..., or is freelists to blame?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:49:06 -0600

If you have the list set up correctly, the moderator receives a message with the subject line, e-mail from insert e-mail address here post needs approval. This way the moderator can approve or deny the message.
I know it's a slow way to do it manually, but it's a sure fire wway of stopping you know who.

At 10:57 AM 3/31/2006, you wrote:

No, Jeff can post just like I can, however, someone is forging the address and the list managing software doesn't know what the difference is as long as the from address matches a rule. That's my guess.

At 08:00 AM 3/31/2006, you wrote:
I don't quite see how the blast of obscene messages got through a moderated list. Is the problem with Freelists?

Jared Rimer
Business website:
Personal Website:
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired a service done through Superior Software level one
WBBY Internet Radio and All In Play team up. Learn more
WBBY Internet Radio:
Check out the Code Amber podcast and Blog.