Re: Mixer on shane's podcast number 18

  • From: "Mickey Quenzer" <mickeyqu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 04:59:17 -0800

Hi:

The url is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_id/88620

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Jackson" <jack728@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: Mixer on shane's podcast number 18

Howdy, Dean. Yes, they are a pretty good company, and the one that I chose was the Behringer UB-802. It is also known as a EuroRack, and I have no clue as to why that is. I chose it because of its portability, and its mic pre-amps. They say that the ones that Behringer has used in the UB series are some of the best. Also, this one had the XLR inputs for the mics, and it uses 1/4-inch jacks instead of RCA jacks, for the most part. It doesn't use the little headphones-type jacks at all, and that is a huge plus for me. It sounds really awesome, the controls are tactile in nature, and it is so portable, I can use it on the go for my gigs. The only drawback is that is doesn't have a power on/off switch. Now, go figure out why that is, and if you can come up with an answer, I'd be very interested. Thanks, and you should really check it out! It's a neat mixer!