RE: Mixer on shane's podcast number 18

  • From: "Shane Jackson" <jack728@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:55:31 -0600

Howdy, Dean.  Yes, they are a pretty good company, and the one that I chose
was the Behringer UB-802.  It is also known as a EuroRack, and I have no
clue as to why that is.  I chose it because of its portability, and its mic
pre-amps.  They say that the ones that Behringer has used in the UB series
are some of the best.  Also, this one had the XLR inputs for the mics, and
it uses 1/4-inch jacks instead of RCA jacks, for the most part.  It doesn't
use the little headphones-type jacks at all, and that is a huge plus for me.
It sounds really awesome, the controls are tactile in nature, and it is so
portable, I can use it on the go for my gigs.  The only drawback is that is
doesn't have a power on/off switch.  Now, go figure out why that is, and if
you can come up with an answer, I'd be very interested.  Thanks, and you
should really check it out!  It's a neat mixer!