Re: Looking for Free Music for Podcast

  • From: Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 11:17:12 -0600

Hi Orin,
I've been looking around, and you're right, there's a lot of music there. The thing is, I don't know whether the music I download can be used on a podcast. For instance, I just downloaded a track from a Trance artist, and there was a copyright symbol after the song information, but I couldn't see anything indicating whether the song could be used in a podcast or not. The Help topic called "Are all songs on available for podcasting?" says that songs marked with CC (for Creative Commons) can be used by anyone, but so far I haven't seen any songs with that yet. Still, there's some interesting stuff there.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
For a mix of New Age, Ambient, Easy Listening, Smooth Jazz and Global Fusion music, listen to "Northern Lights", Thursdays from 01:00 to 03:00 GMT (Wednesdays in North America) on ACB (American Council of the Blind) Radio Interactive at
Visit the show's web site at
For high-quality audio productions at affordable prices, visit KJS Productions at:
You can also visit my personal web site at: