Re: Looking for Free Music for Podcast

  • From: Jared Rimer <jrimer2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 10:46:57 -0700

Kelly,
I thought that if you clicked on pod safe music on garage band, you were getting things you can use on the podcast. I played you the couple I had downloaded that I've used in my casts.

At 10:17 AM 5/6/2006, you wrote:

Hi Orin,
I've been looking around GarageBand.com, and you're right, there's a lot of music there. The thing is, I don't know whether the music I download can be used on a podcast. For instance, I just downloaded a track from a Trance artist, and there was a copyright symbol after the song information, but I couldn't see anything indicating whether the song could be used in a podcast or not. The Help topic called "Are all songs on GarageBand.com available for podcasting?" says that songs marked with CC (for Creative Commons) can be used by anyone, but so far I haven't seen any songs with that yet. Still, there's some interesting stuff there.
Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
For a mix of New Age, Ambient, Easy Listening, Smooth Jazz and Global Fusion music, listen to "Northern Lights", Thursdays from 01:00 to 03:00 GMT (Wednesdays in North America) on ACB (American Council of the Blind) Radio Interactive at http://interactive.acbradio.org
Visit the show's web site at http://www.ksapergia.net/northernlights.html
For high-quality audio productions at affordable prices, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com
You can also visit my personal web site at:
http://www.ksapergia.net

Jared Rimer
Business website: http://www.superior-software.com/support
Personal Website: http://www.asmodean.net/jrimer