Kapsys Signs an Agreement with Independent Living Aids

  • From: "Stephen Guerra" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BlindusersVerizonPhones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BlindusersLGVXPhones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindlikeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Blind sysadmins list'" <blind-sysadmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:23:05 -0600

KAPTEN, the first voice-controlled GPS, will be distributed in the USA
through Independent Living Aids, retailer of blind, low vision, and hearing
loss products.

http://www.prweb.com/images_v4/quote_left.gif
<http://www.independentliving.com> The Kapten voice-controlled GPS is the
most innovative product developed for the blind and low vision community in
recent years. http://www.prweb.com/images_v4/quote_right.gif

Jericho, NY ( <http://www.prweb.com/> PRWEB) November 9, 2009 -- Kapsys, an
innovative French company and inventor of the first voice-controlled GPS,
announces a partnership with Independent Living Aids, one of the largest
distributors of products for the blind and visually impaired in the US. This
agreement is intended to develop distribution and market share in the United
States. Launched in October 2008 in France, Kapten is currently distributed
in western European countries such as the UK, Spain, Italy and Germany. Now,
the first voice interactive GPS for smart urbanites will be available for
larger networks of distribution in the US.

Kapten Personal GPS Voice NavigatorKapten Personal GPS Voice Navigator

?Our collaboration with Independent Living Aids sets the path of our
development in the US. We are confident that we have the right partner to
expand our distribution network in America?, says Marc Tastayre, Kapsys?
Sales and Marketing Director.

Irwin Schneidmill, President of ILA says, ?We are excited to have this
opportunity to work with Kapsys. The Kapten voice-controlled GPS is the most
innovative product developed for the blind and low vision community in
recent years. We are confident the Kapten will be well received and
anticipate tremendous sales in the US market.?

The revolution

§  Kapsys has revolutionized the market by introducing the very first smart
urban navigator with no screen.

§  The ultra-compact Kapten is 100% voice interactive, weighs 50 g and has a
credit card format.

§  Kapten is more than a GPS. It?s a multi-transport navigator.

§  Kapten adapts to the way you get around?on foot, bicycle, motorcycle,
public transportation or car. It automatically adjusts your itinerary and
directs you using the navigation mode you choose with a simple voice
command.

§  Kapten is also an MP3 player, an FM radio and a hands-free kit for your
mobile phones.

About Kapsys
Created in 2007 by Aram Hekimian, Kapsys is a young, innovative company
based in Southeast France. Kapsys designs, develops and markets
voice-centric solutions for personal mobility and navigation. Kapsys
launches Kapten, the first voice GPS for smart urbanites featuring: multi
transport navigation, geo-tagging, audio guide, MP3 player, FM radio, and
community website platform.

790, avenue du Dr Maurice Donat - Le Marco Polo A1, 06 250 Mougins Sophia
Antipolis ? France / Tel : +33 4 92 28 88 88 / Fax : +33 4 92 28 88 89 /
<http://www.kapsys.com> www.kapsys.com

About Independent Living Aids, LLC
Independent Living Aids, LLC is the oldest privately-held mail-order company
in the United States with products for individuals who are visually impaired
or blind. With over 30 years of experience providing essential aids with
superb service, ila has become a trusted source of products for this
community. All items offered are carefully selected, quality products sold
at reasonable prices. Helping customers remain independent is the goal, and
every item is chosen with that goal in mind.

200 Robbins Lane, Jericho, New York 11753 (516) 937-1848

###

Link:

GIF image

GIF image