Re: Juce Problem

  • From: Shelly <shellyspodcasts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:31:29 -0500

There is a FeedBurner problem that prevents Juice from downloading podcasts
whose feeds go through Feedburner. It's affecting my show, and anyone else
who 1) uses FeedBurrner, 2) has enabled stats tracking for downloads on
FeedBurner, and 3) has Juice for Windows subscribers.

Feedburner recently changed the URL format for downloads: it converts the
URLs supplied by podcasters to a format of its own for tracking purposes.
There are characters in the new URL format that Juice does not like. Also,
the URLs are quite long. In any case, the problem affects podcasts uploaded
in the past week, and Feedburner is still working on a fix. The workaround
for podcasters is to disable download tracking. For listeners, can try
unsubscribing to a show and resubscribing, but that is not guaranteed to
work, especially if the podcaster has not yet disabled Feedburner download
tracking.

If you need more info on this, check the Feedburner forums.

Anyone subscribed to my show can download any episode directly from my site
at http://shellyspodcast.com.

-shelly

On 7/20/06, Vince Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sylvester, if your problem is only with Juice I can't be much help, but in case this is a clue, I just checked out the Twisted Pickle feed. The one I have installed in Accessible Podcatcher is this:-

http://www.thejerkyshop.com/twistedpickle/rss.xml
That's working fine. But when I went to that address, my6 address bar, for
some reason, just had

http://www.thejerkyshop.com/

and that wouldn't work. Probably not relevant, but thought it woas worth
mentioning.

Vince.