Re: Iriver ums firmware

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:10:07 -0700

Chris, I first installed the Iriver software.  In fact, I used it a
few times and found it could be done although it is a pain because one
has to use the Window Eyes mouse keys quite a bit.  I transferred a
few mp3s using this software into the player.

Next, I made certain that the player was turned on and the U S B cable
connected at both ends.  I then got the confirmatory gong  indicating
that windows xp saw the 799.  I then clicked on the ums file which is
a zip file which opened using Winzip revealing only one file in the
archive which is a .hex file.  When I attempted to click on that, the
only thing which happened was that it opened in Notepad.

So, just where is my problem, and, what shall I do to solve that
problem?

Thanks.

Don Roberts