Re: Iriver ums firmware

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:34:50 -0500

Hi Don

Have you atempted to update the firmware by using the software on the CD that *hopefully* came with your iRiver? If not, please install the software, update the UMS firmware and then you can uninstall the software. You won't need it after that. It does sound like you have the proper firmware version though.

At 11:18 AM 10/17/2005, you wrote:
Hello,

Perhaps the problem I am about to outline is the same problem being
faced by Frank Lizard.

I suspect that I do not have the correct file to upgrade the ums
firmware.  The file name for the file I have is:
ifp890us-ums128.zip.

The archive contains only one file which is a hex file, and notepad
wants to open it.  So what I am saying is that there is no way this
file will update my firmware if notepad opens it.  So where do I find
the correct ums file for my 799?

Thanks.

Don Roberts