Re: Iriver info needed quickly

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:59:39 -0500

Hi Don
First, install the software that comes on the CD for the iriver. You won't need it later on but you'll need it to install the UMS firmware upgrade. I forget exactly where the option is located, but if you look in the menus you should be able to locate it. when you find it it's going to ask for a file to open. Find the file you downloaded and open it in the software. Be sure your iriver is connected. Your player will power off. Don't worry, this is supposed to happen.
Then, wait a few seconds and then turn your player back on and reconnect the player to your USB port. It should then show up as a drive in windows explorer. Mine shows up as drive g.

At 11:05 AM 10/10/2005, you wrote:

Can anyone tell me the things to do and the things not to do when
installing the UMS firmware for the Iriver 799.  I just received mine,
and a friend is coming over in a couple of hours to help.  I have the
file already.  But just what are the installation instructions?

Thanks.

Don Roberts