Iriver Questions

  • From: "Byron J. Lee" <byron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:19:54 -0500

I have a few questions about the Iriver 799 and 899. My friend is thinking of buying one because of all of my drooling. I want to know some answers to a few questions so I can relay them to him. He bought one last night and then found out that the iriver DOES NOT record directly to mp3. You have to use their program to convert recordings to MP3. He said the UMS thing only works on earlier models. Apparently, they don't want to get into trouble so they make the recordings in .REC format instead of mp3. Is this true, and if so is there a hack that we can apply to make the UMS Driver work and allow us to record in mp3 format?