Re: Iriver Issues

  • From: "Sabrena and/or Chris" <sabrenar00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:35:55 -0700

If the Iriver is so picky with bitrates of .ogg files from waht I'm
gathering, is it and other similar players just as picky with bitrates and
sampling rates of mp3 files? I listen to a lot of old-time radio which is
usually encoded at low bitrates and sampling rates. I only have experience
with DVD players and mp3 CD players and some models like panasonic models
can read anything without a glitch, an RCA boom box I have will read most
but the very low bitrates where they'll play but be full of odd little
glitches, and some Coby DVD players and a Koss portable mp3 CD player that
couldn't handle much below 32 KB and 22.050 Hz sampling rate.

Chris