RE: Iriver IFP 899 help requested

  • From: "Shane Jackson" <jack728@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:50:49 -0500

Hey again, Deb.  Unfortunately, changing the bit rate and sampling are the
same as on the 799.  I always got sighted help with that.  I guess it could
be done if you memorize the settings and where they are in the menus, but if
you come back about two months later, you've certainly forgotten what your
settings are.  A good way to tell what they are is to record a short file,
put it on your PC, play it in Winamp or just look at it on your desktop.
That way, it'll tell you the bit rate and all.  As for the buttons, I'm sure
they're any different, just placed a little funny, again compared to the
799.  Also, you might notice that the audio is slightly lower on the 899.
Good luck!

Shane Jackson, Amateur Radio Station: K4JSJ
Hoover, Alabama, USA
"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof,
for correction, for training in righteousness;
so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NASB)