[Blind Casting] Ipodder Problem Solved: now To Hear My First Feed

  • From: Pam Drake <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:35:35 -0700

Well, I was thinking about the way Ipodder had messed up my Window-Eyes and JAWS. Someone had asked me on this list whether my firewall was allowing Ipodder in. I was dubious because I couldn't see the relationship between the firewall and the behavior of the screen readers. My firewall is the firewall from inside Trend-micro Internet Suite 2005.

I had un-installed the Ipodder software and everything had gone back to normal.

Yesterday I decided to try again, this time with the firewall off. This meant that I had to unplug a cable to get out of Dave's network.

This time Ipodder installed just fine.

I just tried to listen to a podcast I thought was downloaded: namely, the welcome message. Nothing happened. I read the docs but guess i didn't understand it all. Well, that's typical of me and manuals.

So here come the questions:

If I hear what appears to be a percentage of downloaded data, then the file doesn't play, am I doing something wrong? Do I have to open the url directly from Explorer or does ipodder launch it?

How many podcasts are there in the Mosen Explosion list? I see what appear to be two.

These answers should get me started. Either that or I haven't downloaded anything at all. If that's the case, what's my next step?

Thanks in advance.