[Blind Casting] How much music can one legally play on a podcast?

  • From: "Kathy Szinnyey/Fred Otto" <fredkate@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:50:13 -0400

Hi, all!  Love this list!  How much, if any, music from artists, can one put in
a podcast?  I don't mean the music that musicians want to have podcasted, but
copyrighted music that one would, say, buy, such as the Beatles, George Jones,
Johnny CAsh, etc. etc.  Can one play short clips and if so, how long before you
reach that limit where you have to go buy a license or whatever to play it?
Can one talk over music and play longer clips that way?  Any clues would be
gratefully appreciated.

Kathy