RE: Google now has audio captcha

  • From: "Mika Pyyhkala" <pyyhkala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:40:55 -0400

Hi,

While of course it is good news that:
(A) Google has recently met with people in the blind community, and;
(B) Googl is beginning to implement Audio captcha; and
(C) Google is hiring for positions related to accessibility...

I still have concerns about how there was no response to months of feedback
on captcha, and other Web 2.0 developments from Google.  I don't know if
we'll ever get an answer on why we knocked on their door so long with them
being home and not answering, but that is what I wonder.

I suppose given all the work, you may want to send Google the petition in
some way, but probably you would amend the accompanying letter and
documentation since they now are taking some concrete steps towards
accessibility.

I don't know either if in any meetings that may have taken place with
Google, whether they explained why we were at least treated as though we
were being ignored as a community.  Though I had to say that the phenominon
is common with large companies.

Regards,
Mika