Re: Google now has audio captcha

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:19:44 -0700

Hi Michelle and all,

Though I do want to thank the Google folks for all they have done so far, there
remains significant accessibility work to be done and I wouldn't want to do or
say anything that might lead anyone to believe they're now completely off the
hook, so to speak.

I am thus open to any and all input concerning what ought to happen to the
petition and all related accessibility advocacy with Google and otherwise for
that matter.  A post will be going up on Blind Access Journal later today
announcing the audio CAPTCHA accomplishments thus far and thanking everyone for
their hard work on this effort.  Stay tuned.

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Visit http://www.petitiononline.com/captcha and sign the Google Word
Verification Accessibility Petition today!
Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by another
person.