Fw: CELL PHONE VIRUS

  • From: "Kevin Wassmer" <commanderlumpy2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apink792003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 06:10:57 -0700

I don't know if this true. But it is worth a read.
I dialed '0', to check this out, asked the operator,  who confirmed that this
was correct
  so please pass it on . . . (l also checked out Snopes.com..this is true, and
also applies to cell phones!)

  PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

  I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying
himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting
a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should
touch nine(9), zero(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang up. Luckily, I was
suspicious and refused.

  Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90# or
#09, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line,
which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone
number.

  I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local
jails/prisons   DO NOT press 90# or #09 for ANYONE.

  The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with
EVERYONE I KNOW.

  After checking with Verizon they also said it was true, so do not dial 90# or
#09 for anyone !!!!! PLEASE HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS ON TO
EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!