Fw: Accessible Devices Freedom Scientific Sold

  • From: "Kevin Wassmer" <commanderlumpy2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hands-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:45:12 -0600

Since this involves so many of us we thought you'd be interested.  This is all
the information we've received.
Wafra Partners LLC and Wafra Investment Advisory Group, Inc.* are pleased to
announce
the acquisition of Freedom Scientific, Inc.
Freedom Scientific, Inc., based in St. Petersburg, FL, is the leading worldwide
provider
of assistive technology products for those who are low vision or blind.
Assistive
technology products make information, whether in electronic or print format, and
computing accessible to those who are low vision or blind. The Company's
software
products include screen reading software, screen magnification software and
scanning
and reading software. Hardware products include handheld computers, Braille
displays,
scanning and reading machines, video magnifiers and Braille printers.
Wafra Partners LLC is a private equity firm focused on middle market companies
based
in North America that have enterprise values between $20 and $150 million. We
are
currently seeking acquisitions of companies in consumer products, outsourced
business
services, niche manufacturing, and consumer-driven services.
* Wafra Investment Advisory Group, Inc. serves as investment advisor to the
investments
referred to herein. Wafra Partners LLC seeks companies within the parameters and
sectors set out above.
Source
http://www.wafrapartners.com/getnews.asp?XD=120

www.vipconduit.com
and
www.accessible-devices.com

We provide this information as a service and neither
endorse it nor accept any liability for the performance or quality of the
products mentioned on this list.
Remember our Accessible Devices sessions on Sunday at 2:00 PM Eastern.
They'l be held in the Accessible Devices Event Room. at,
www.vipconduit.com
Be sure to make use of the Accessible Devices Archives, available at:
www.accessible-devices.com
Also .net or .org