Re: Confusion With Juice

  • From: Pam Drake <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:28:22 -0800

Jennifer,

I went back to the received podcasts directory and this time pressed the alt+enter key combination. From the properties tree view I was able to back-tab twice past the long filename to a view containing three lists: general, virus status, and summary. The summary tab gave me the textual filename I was looking for. It's cumbersome, but at least I have been able to check the files without having to launch Juice.

I suppose the reason I tried this approach is because I knew I had seen the textual names before, and figured there must be a way to find them again.

Pam

At 02:40 PM 1/18/2006, you wrote:
Pam:

Sometimes, people name their files like this -- as a serious of letters and numbers. If I understand what you are asking, I am afraid that this is beyond your control.

Often, for example, files that are posted by phone have bizarre filenames. If I'm understanding your question right, this has nothing to do with Juice and everything to do with filenaming conventions that stem from user-choice or automagic file creation that the creator either does not wish to change or is not able to change.

Best,
Jennifer