Re: Comment Spam

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:27:35 -0700

I had a bunch of it some while back and then it quieted down for quite a
while but in the past week or two, it's been explosive.  I cleared
things out over the weekend but by now, I have something like 30 to
clear up.  This last round have all been to the same message number.
I've got to look more closely at WordPress and see if I can block some
I/P addresses.  I know, they keep changing the address but a bunch of my
previous spams came from the same IP address so it might be worth a try.

I'm still using version 1.52 but would like to possible upgrade my WP
scripts to see if there have been any improvements in the area of
comment spam prevention.

I sure wish these pricks would get a life.