Bulk Forwarding of E-mails was: (no subject)

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:03:33 -0700

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 11:09:08PM -0500, Elmer Slentz wrote:
> I forwarded the message to everyone in my Email addressbook as requested by
> the one who sent me the message.  HOpe that it did not detract from the
> original purpose of the list.  Thanks for your inquiry.  HOpe this answers
> your question.

Well, especially as far as lists are concerned, one should exercise due
caution when forwarding these chain letter things.  The message content
was great for things outside the list but I personally never forward
these things.  If the story is compelling, I may forward selectively to
those individuals in my address book who would appreciate these kind of
thoughts.  I again may forward joke type material to others in my
address book.  I just think blindly forwarding off things to *EVERYONE*
in your address book is a bid idea and quite often how viruses and
trojans get propogated all over the net because of thoughtless computer
and e-mail practices.

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!